Monday, June 22, 2009

NYSLAA conference report by Lidia

~2009 NYSLAA Conference Report ~
Submitted by :
Lidia Grzegorek
Ontario Public Library


That was my first experience with NYSLAA and I really liked very much. We had a great selection of the courses and I wish I would have a chance to take more. But all the ones I would like to take it were offered unfortunately in the same time.
I liked very much “WEB Trends in the Libraries”, also” Blogs, Wikis, and RSS” They were really very informational. The presenter Geoff Kirkpatrick was very knowledgeable and he captivated the audience. Another good course was “Dealing with Difficult People and Mastering Conflict”. I learned a lot from this course.
“Introduction to Photoshop” was a good program, but it was an upper level course, not really for novices like me. I did not like the set-up of the tables. Some of us were seating back to the presenter and could not follow easily his instructions on the projection screen.
Above all that was a great conference, had a wonderful atmosphere, everybody was so friendly and I will gladly participate in NYSLAA again next year.
Lidia Grzegorek
Ontario Public Library

No comments: